As part of our commitment to showcasing innovation from companies both large and small, TRA Marketplace will host its first ever Startup Showcase in 2018. The Startup Showcase will be an area on the trade show floor dedicated to technology startups working to solve real challenges in the foodservice industry.
Dates and Deadlines
May 25 - Deadline to submit an application to exhibit in Startup Showcase
June 1 - Startup Showcase exhibitors notified of acceptance
June 15 - Deadline to submit payment for Startup Showcase
July 15-16 - TRA Marketplace
- The company must be in operation for no more than 3 years
- The company must have at least one paying customer
- Annual sales volume under $5 million
- The product must focus on use of technology to solve a problem within the restaurant industry, including:
- Supply chain
- Must be a new exhibitor – the company may not have exhibited at the TRA Marketplace previously
- Must not be a current TRA Marketplace regular exhibitor
- May not participate in Startup Showcase for more than one year
- Participants must have their kiosk manned all two days of the TRA Marketplace and all TRA Marketplace hours.
- Participants may sponsor other aspects of the TRA Marketplace. For more information, see the Sponsorship Opportunities page.
The cost to exhibit is $1500 – a considerable discount on the regular exhibitor fees. The completed contract and fee payment is due by June 15, 2018.
Additional information can be found on the 2018 Startup Showcase application. If you have other questions, please reach out to Anna Tauzin Rice, VP of Marketing and Innovation for the Texas Restaurant Association.