TRA Marketplace in Dallas kicks off July 9-10
The second largest foodservice show in the country, the Texas Restaurant Association Marketplace, kicks off Sunday and Monday, July 9-10 from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas, 650 S. Griffin Street.
Now in its 80th year, the TRA Marketplace will dazzle visitors with stunning and interactive displays, industry leading products and equipment, cutting edge technology and the latest news, trends and advice from influential industry leaders. Thousands of restaurateurs, chefs, and industry executives are expected to attend over the two-day period.
“If Texas were a country, (and sometimes we think we are),” says Richie Jackson, CEO Texas Restaurant Association, “It would be the 12th largest economy in the world. TRA Marketplace is as big as Texas, bringing together thousands of restaurant decision-makers and our supply-side partners. Whether you have been in the business three days or three decades, you will find something to help you run your operation. We have a network of industry innovators and trusted vendors all under one roof, and our team has worked hard to bring the latest technology, tools and trends straight to our show floor.”
Whether an industry veteran or first time restauranteur, the TRA Marketplace will motivate and inspire visitors to grow their businesses, with more than 550 exhibitors, showcasing everything from artisan food products and craft beverages to linens, mobile technology, security, kitchen equipment, supplies and even food truck displays and the experts who design them.
Visitors will gain valuable insight and practical advice from the show’s multiple programming stages (Education Idea Center, TIPS: Technology, Innovation, Profits & Solutions, and Cutting Edge Stage). Highlights include:
- A Company of Owners: Developing a Team of Top Performers & Keeping Them – Learn effective recruiting and hiring tactics, training, incentive/bonus programs to drive your top line and employee engagement.
- The Restaurant Formula – with Gerry O’Brion; Learn how to grow your company using strategies from billion dollar brands. Gerry spent his career growing brands such as Proctor & Gamble, Coors Light, Quiznos and Red Robin.
- Delivery is Here to Stay – How can restaurants work with third-party delivery services for increased sales while maintaining their food quality?
- Shifting Latino Consumer Habits
- Trends with Teas and Coffee; Pickling and Fermenting; and Sake Training/Tasting
Specialty pavilions throughout TRA Marketplace offer an exciting and valuable glimpse into the latest products and services that the market has to offer, allowing guests to stay on top of hot trends.
- Craft Beverage Garden – expanded to bring you even more new, craft products.
- Culinary Innovation Stations - A carefully curated collection of innovative companies just launching their products in Texas, or new to the restaurant industry.
- New Product Showcase -see all the new products in one location. Vote for your favorite within the mobile app.
- New Partnerships: Sabor Latino and Nightclub and Bar Show – Each will have an area on the show floor highlighting some of their partners
- Technology Pavilion – Hands-on demonstrations and technology discussions including touch-screen ordering, smartphone apps, mobile payments and more
- Go Texan – A collection of Texas-grown products for browsing and shopping
- Member lounge – free WIFI, charging stations, masseuse, comfy sofas, food and beverage provided exclusively for TRA Members.
There will also be ample opportunity for networking, product ordering and chatting one-on-one with suppliers and consultants. Evening events include Night of Excellence, an awards dinner and presentation on Saturday, July 8, and the Lone Star Bash on Sunday, July 9, an industry party open to the public, featuring live music and local chef prepared bites (proceeds benefit TRAEF and Texas ProStart).
Attendees and exhibitors can navigate the show with ease, stay on top of seminar schedules and quickly find vendors and services with the TRA Marketplace app, free of charge and available for download on iTunes (Apple) or Google Play (Android).
Tickets are available online through July 5 and are $45 per person for TRA Restaurant Members and $55 for non-members. After July 6, tickets for operators are $65 general admission at the door. Tickets for non-exhibiting suppliers are $250 for TRA Members and $500 for Non-members. For more information, to register or to become a sponsor, visit here.